Terry Matlen, MSW, ACSW
Forward by Sari Solden, MS., LMFT
Terry Matlen has gone directly to the source to bring an outstanding compliation of practical solutions to everyday problems for women with AD/HD. Her contributors include a global network of clever, creative women with AD/HD, as well as premier AD/HD experts, coaches and professional organizers.
Readers will get a wide variety of ideas to help you:
- Organize your home and office
- Parent with patience and perseverance
- Take the anxiety out of meal planning
- Manage the endless stacks of papers
- Remember the priorities that deserve your attention
What the experts are saying:
"Anytime you need an understanding friend, just open to any page and you are likely to find the kind of help and support you need in Survival Tips for Women with AD/HD."
-Sari Solden, M.S., LMFT, author of Women with Attention Deficit Disorder and Journeys Through ADDulthood
"Survival Tips for Women with AD/HD is a mother lode of wisdom, practical nuggest, humour and insight. Written and compiled by a true veteran of the AD/HD saga, this book is both authoritative and inviting, reliable and warm, up-to-date and timeless. I recommend it most highly."
- Edward Hallowell, M.D., co-author of Driven to Distraction and Delivered from Distraction
"A unique blend of professional advice combined with real solutions provided by women with AD/HD makes Survival Tips for Women with AD/HD both practical and inspirational."
-Patricia Quinn, MD Director, The National Center for Gender Issues and AD/HD
"…filled with bits and pieces of wit and wisdom shared with heart and humor… strategies and stories will leave you inspired, encouraged and armed with new ideas."
-Michele Novotni, Ph.D., international lecturer, author of Adult AD/HD: a Reader Friendly Guide and What Does Everybody Else Know that I Don't
"Next to the fire extinguisher, this book could well be the most important survival tool in the household of every woman with AD/HD!"
-Thom Hartmann, author, ADD: A Different Perception and The Edison Gene
1) From me to You: Validating Your Experiences
2) Carry That Weight:: What You Don't Know Can Hurt You
3) Here There and Everywhere: Specifics of Organizing
4) Strawberry Fields: Meals and Entertaining
5) Fixing a Hole: Household Chores
6) She's a Woman: Personal Tips on Shopping, Health, and Hypersensitivities
7) I Should Have Known Better: School
8) A Hard Day's Night: Work
9) Any Time At All: Time and Data Management
10) We Can Work It Out: Relationships and social Skills
11) Come Together: Parenting and Family
12) Taxman: Managing Finances
13) I've Just Seen a Face (But I Can't for the Life of Me Remember the Name): Memory Tips
14) Revolution: Technology
15) With a Little Help form my Friends: Humor for the Soul
16) Help! : Tips from Coaches and Professional organizers
17) …Speaking Words of Wisdom: Top AD/HD Experts Share Their Stories
18) Savoy Truffle: SOS Recipes
19) Do You Want to Know a Secret? : Books, Websites, Newsletters and More References Appendices Index